Tuesday 14 August 2012

Dressmaking.....


On the weekend, I found this fabric which I bought a couple of years ago when I was studying pattern making and garment construction at The Melbourne School of Fashion. It's a cotton/ linen blend with woven metal through it, which gives it a slight shimmer when the light catches it on different angles. Its really beautiful quality and the print is quite retro.


I really love pattern making, getting all the measurements right and having a product that you can wear at the end is always an added bonus! I thought I would try and keep the pattern simple, as it's been awhile since I've done any sewing. It didn't take long till it all started flowing back.... It took my ages to finish and I still need to do a couple of finishing touches but here it is.... Kalinda Designs a dress :)

Front of dress: the design is shorter at front than back, it doesn't show up very well in this photo but looks really good on.

Back of dress.......


YAY!!! So proud that I could remember how to draw up a pattern and sew it all together. Now I must get back onto my beads. Hope you like!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I knew how to sew!

    XO,
    Elizabeth
    www.tonicofwildness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a lot of patience! But very rewarding. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete